Sunday 2 November 2014

Lou Lou

Earlier this week, my old housemate Lee told me she had a dream that I came to visit her in Brighton. This prompted me to do just that, and today seemed like a very appropriate day as Lou Lou's Vintage Fair was making camp at the Corn Exchange in the lovely British seaside city. The train tickets were booked and all I needed to worry about this morning was what to wear?! I decided to go full vintage.



This simply adorable orange checked woolen dress I picked up at the last Rumble in the Jumble put on by The Music Circle, for a bargain price of £7! I layered it over a tan chiffon shirt from Primark and yellow tights from Accessorize. My outfit was finished with my favourite pair of vintage boots by Bally, which I picked up from Absolute Vintage, a floral & snakeskin effect bag from Stylist Pick and this Wanderlust watch from Elsie & Fred.

So to the vintage fair we headed where we lunched on chocolate Oreo & Red Velvet cakes, tea in cute cups & saucers and Coca Cola in vintage-esque glass bottles. We had a little wander around the stalls and picked up some vintage delights, including my sweet little question mark ring (Riddle me this...), a Christmas present for my Mum (you'll have to wait until the big day before I reveal what it is!), and Lee's Hamsa ring & black fedora hat, all from Minimum Mouse who are offering 10% your first order using the code 'HAPPYSHOPPER'.

After we were all shopped out, we took a walk down the lanes, which of course involved a visit to Snoopers Paradise and a go on their photobooth. We finished with a stroll down to the sea front where the skies were becoming dramatic and stormy - picture perfect!













What did everyone get up to this weekend? I'll be back to share my Halloween look soon.

Thanks for reading!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At 3 November 2014 at 07:12 , Blogger Bisma Rauf said...

Love that plaid dress..so cute!

Check out my new post Here!!!

 
At 4 November 2014 at 21:23 , Blogger Captain Charley said...

I'm so glad it's getting colder so I can wear it more!

 
At 5 November 2014 at 05:00 , Blogger Sabrina said...

That dress is absolutely adorable and the colour is so perfect for fall!

Sincerely,
Sabrina

 
At 5 November 2014 at 10:26 , Blogger Angelica P said...

That red velvet cake was far more cream than cake haha. I love all the photos and you look absolutely wonderful in that dress! I love the colours, so seasonally appropriate too xx

Angelica // One Little Vice

 
At 5 November 2014 at 16:40 , Blogger Captain Charley said...

I've had the dress a while so you can imagine my delight at the big temperature drop in London over the weekend!

 
At 5 November 2014 at 16:51 , Blogger Captain Charley said...

The icing is always my favourite part of cake! Thanks dear :) I've been waiting for winter especially so I could finally wear this dress! X

 
At 6 November 2014 at 13:21 , Blogger Ruby said...

I love love love your woolly dress - this whole look really suits you :) Might have to make a trip down to Brighton now! x

 
At 6 November 2014 at 15:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this dress! Always wanted to go to Brighton but never been yet, that needs to change I think :)

 
At 6 November 2014 at 22:49 , Blogger Unknown said...

I've been meaning to comment on this forever. Sorry! I loved this dress when you showed it on Instagram. It's so, so wonderful. If I saw it in a shop, I would obsess over it for weeks and eventually buy it for whatever the asking price was. Haha. It's a keeper! Love that floral bag, too!

- Anna

www.melodicthriftychic.com

 
At 7 November 2014 at 12:46 , Blogger Captain Charley said...

Thanks so much, it is a dream :) oh you definitely should and be sure to check out Snoopers Paradise - a massive jumble shop full of all sorts of treasure! x

 
At 7 November 2014 at 18:46 , Blogger Captain Charley said...

Cheers me dears :) Oh you should definitely give it a visit. You'll be sure to find plenty of lovely vintage clothing and knickknacks down The Lanes!

 
At 7 November 2014 at 18:48 , Blogger Captain Charley said...

Haha! When I first clocked eyes on this dress I immediately thought of you. I guess you were my inspiration for this one :) oh btw been meaning to ask whether you still do the Bloggers Spotlight on your page? x

 
At 12 November 2014 at 21:24 , Blogger Kikabibi said...

Oooohhhhh, I love yellow tights (but I never know how to wear them so they are in the drawer yet, heheh). The dress is sooooo beautiful, and you styled it so cutely. Loving that funny pictures of you and your friend :-)

www.kikabibi.blogspot.com

 
At 20 November 2014 at 00:44 , Blogger Captain Charley said...

Coloured tights can make quite the difference to any outfit and can make you look fun and colourful, even in the colder months, so I urge you to dig out those yellow tights! Where them with a patterned dress that has even the tiniest hint of yellow. I do love a photobooth!

 

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments/feedback. I do read them all and will reply and check out your blog as soon as I can. Please let me know if you follow me, I'd love to follow back =]

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Captain Charley: Lou Lou

Lou Lou

Earlier this week, my old housemate Lee told me she had a dream that I came to visit her in Brighton. This prompted me to do just that, and today seemed like a very appropriate day as Lou Lou's Vintage Fair was making camp at the Corn Exchange in the lovely British seaside city. The train tickets were booked and all I needed to worry about this morning was what to wear?! I decided to go full vintage.



This simply adorable orange checked woolen dress I picked up at the last Rumble in the Jumble put on by The Music Circle, for a bargain price of £7! I layered it over a tan chiffon shirt from Primark and yellow tights from Accessorize. My outfit was finished with my favourite pair of vintage boots by Bally, which I picked up from Absolute Vintage, a floral & snakeskin effect bag from Stylist Pick and this Wanderlust watch from Elsie & Fred.

So to the vintage fair we headed where we lunched on chocolate Oreo & Red Velvet cakes, tea in cute cups & saucers and Coca Cola in vintage-esque glass bottles. We had a little wander around the stalls and picked up some vintage delights, including my sweet little question mark ring (Riddle me this...), a Christmas present for my Mum (you'll have to wait until the big day before I reveal what it is!), and Lee's Hamsa ring & black fedora hat, all from Minimum Mouse who are offering 10% your first order using the code 'HAPPYSHOPPER'.

After we were all shopped out, we took a walk down the lanes, which of course involved a visit to Snoopers Paradise and a go on their photobooth. We finished with a stroll down to the sea front where the skies were becoming dramatic and stormy - picture perfect!













What did everyone get up to this weekend? I'll be back to share my Halloween look soon.

Thanks for reading!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,